Mobile Commercial Boiler Engineer
Acorn offers market-leading engineering and compliance services to several hundreds of sites across London and the Southeast. We have built our reputation over 40 years by providing outstanding customer service and cutting-edge solutions. We provide all types of mechanical, electrical and fabric services for a range of properties. We also provide specialist water treatment, gas, air conditioning and electrical services in-house. All of our customers are looked after by a dedicated team who understand and respond to their individual needs.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance, servicing and repair works across various contracts.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors to maintain and develop excellent relationships and ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Provide boiler/combustion servicing and repair works across various contracts.
- Maintain low-pressure boilers, high-pressure boilers, power boilers, steam boilers and hot water heating systems.
- Replace defective valves, filters, or steam gauges.
- Monitor boiler systems to ensure safe and correct operation; facilitate periodic boiler cleaning.
- Address any problems with boiler systems and notify maintenance if necessary.
- Contact the relevant manager concerning potentially dangerous equipment or safety breaches.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance, servicing and repair works across various contracts according to relevant legislation.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors to maintain and develop excellent relationships and ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Liaise with the internal Acorn helpdesk and administration teams to create a collaborative and successful support function.
- Attend callouts during normal working hours and, in addition, be part of the out-of-hours emergency callout rota.
- The individual will be expected to organise their work and time efficiently and work well in a team.
- Punctual site attendance, well-presented, wearing relevant PPE and clothing.
- Complete and submit clear, concise and accurate reports for works carried out and any further work required.
- Be in regular communication with Contract Managers regarding job progression.
- Knowledge of combustion systems.
- Knowledge of HVAC plant, i.e. A/C, boilers, controls, heating and cooling systems, ventilation.
- Knowledge of building services.
- Understanding of Legionella.
- Understanding of overall Health & Safety.
- CEN1 (E)
- OFTEC qualification
- Valid driving licence
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team and make calculated assessments of breakdowns.