AC Mobile Engineer
Acorn offers market-leading engineering and compliance services to several hundreds of sites across London and the Southeast. We have built our reputation over 40 years by providing outstanding customer service and cutting-edge solutions. We provide all types of mechanical, electrical and fabric services for a range of properties. We also provide specialist water treatment, gas, air conditioning and electrical services in-house. All of our customers are looked after by a dedicated team who understand and respond to their individual needs.
This is a mobile role and requires the applicant to travel to various sites around London and the Southeast of England area. This role would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and has a proactive approach to undertaking all the tasks required. The ideal candidate is a conscientious and reliable team player and who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintain and repair ventilation and air-conditioning systems and equipment.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance, servicing and repair works across various contracts according to the relevant legislation.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors to maintain and develop excellent relationships and ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Liaise with the internal Acorn helpdesk and administration teams to create a collaborative and successful support function.
- Attend callouts during normal working hours and, in addition, be part of the out-of-hours emergency callout rota.
- Troubleshoot issues with a system as they are identified.
- Conduct performance tests with specialist tools and adjust system settings.
- The individual will be expected to organise their work and time efficiently and work well in a team.
- Complete and submit clear, concise and accurate reports for works carried out and any further work required.
- Be in regular communication with Contract Managers regarding job progression.
- Proven knowledge of HVAC plant i.e. A/C, boilers, controls, heating and cooling systems, ventilation.
- Proven knowledge and experience of air conditioning systems and their controls.
- Ability to fault find and service all HVAC control manufacturer’s equipment.
- Understanding of Legionella.
- Understanding of overall Health & Safety.
- F-Gas 2079 Category 1
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook).
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Valid Driving Licence
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team and make calculated assessments of breakdowns.